California State University
There are 23 CSU campuses across the state of California:
(Click on each campus to visit the school's website)
Application submission period beginning: Thursday, October 1, 2014
CSU application deadline: Saturday, November 30, 2014
Apply at www.csumentor.edu
- CSU Bakersfield
- CSU Channel Islands
- CSU Chico
- CSU Dominguez Hills
- CSU East Bay
- CSU Fresno
- CSU Fullerton
- Humboldt State University
- CSU Long Beach
- CSU Los Angeles
- California Maritime Academy
- CSU Monterey Bay
- CSU Northridge
- Cal Poly Pomona
- CSU Sacramento
- CSU San Bernardino
- San Diego State University
- San Francisco State University
- San Jose State University
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- CSU San Marcos
- Sonoma State University
- CSU Stanislaus
There are three essential requirements in order to be eligible to apply to the CSU's:
- Subject Requirement (A-G Courses)
- GPA Requirement
- Examination Requirement
Subject Requirements - (A-G Courses)
The Subject or "A-G" Requirements are a series of subjects and courses that must be completed by the time you graduate high school. ALL COURSES MUST BE COMPLETED WITH A GRADE OF "C" OR BETTER.
- A. History/Social Science – 2 years required Two years of history/social science, including one year of world history, cultures and geography; and one year of U.S. history or one-half year of U.S. history and one-half year of civics or American government.
- B. English – 4 years required Four years of college-preparatory English that include frequent and regular writing, and reading of classic and modern literature. No more than one year of ESL-type courses can be used to meet this requirement.
- C. Mathematics – 3 years required, 4 years recommended Three years of college-preparatory mathematics that include the topics covered in elementary and advanced algebra and two- and three-dimensional geometry. Approved integrated math courses may be used to fulfill part or all of this requirement, as may math courses taken in the seventh and eighth grades that your high school accepts as equivalent to its own math courses.
- D. Laboratory Science – 2 years required, 3 years recommended. Two years of laboratory science providing fundamental knowledge in at least two of these three foundational subjects: biology, chemistry and physics.
- E. Language Other than English – 2 years required, 3 yrs recommended Two years of the same language other than English. English taken in the seventh and eighth grades may be used to fulfill part of this requirement if your high school accepts them as equivalent to its own courses.
- F. Visual and Performing Arts – 1 year required A single yearlong approved arts course from a single VPA discipline: dance, drama/theater, music or visual art.
- G. College-Preparatory Electives – 1 year required One year (two semesters), in addition to those required in "a-f" above, chosen from the following areas: visual and performing arts (non-introductory level courses), history, social science, English, advanced mathematics, laboratory science and language other than English (a third year in the language used for the "e" requirement or two years of another language).
Grade Point Average Requirement
Students must earn a minimum grade point average in the A-G courses taken during the 10th and 11th grade in order to be eligible to apply to the CSU's.
- Minimun GPA = 2.0 ( Please see Eligibility Index, if your GPA is lower than a 3.0)
Students applying for admission must submit the following test score:
- SAT Reasoning OR ACT w/Writing Component (Tests must be taken by December of your Senior Year)
CSU Application Requirements
- The CSU Application typically opens on October 1 and closes on November 30.
- The CSU Application is an online application that will require the creation of an account on the CSU Mentor Website. To create an account you will need a valid e-mail address, and you must create a user name and a password. Click on the following link to be taken to the CSU online application: CSU ONLINE APPLICATION
- Fee waivers for Application Fees: Students who meet income eligibility requirements may have their application fees waived for up to four CSU campuses. The fee waiver application is a part of the actual online CSU application. Be aware that this section (Family Income Section) of the application can only be filled out once; once you have entered information and hit submit, it can no longer be altered.