LAUSD Graduation Requirements
Need a letter of recommendation?
We require students to fill out a brag sheet before asking for letters of recommendation. DUE OCTOBER 16.
College Center Upcoming Events
Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation College Scholarship Program is an undergraduate scholarship program available to high-achieving high school seniors with financial need who seek to attend the nation’s best 4-year colleges and universities. Students selected as Jack Kent Cooke scholars may receive up to $40,000 per year, college planning support, ongoing advising, and the opportunity to network with the larger JKCF Scholar community. The Foundation will select up to 40 applicants nationwide for this highly selective scholarship. As minimum criteria, students must:
- Plan to graduate from a U.S. high school in the coming spring
- Intend to enroll full time in an accredited 4-year college beginning the following fall
- Earn a cumulative unweighted GPA of 3.5 or above in high school
- Receive standardized test scores in the top 15% (SAT critical reading/math 1200+; ACT composite 26+)
- Demonstrate financial need
To apply, visit www.JKCF.org for details. Applications are accepted September-November
- The California State PTA offers Graduating High School Senior Scholarships ($750) to recognize volunteer service by high school seniors in a school and community Due: February 1 at 5 p.m. http://www.capta.org/sections/programs/high-school-grad.cfm
- USC Norman Topping Scholarship offers supplemental scholarships to entering freshmen based on the individual USC Financial Aid package of each scholar. Due February 13, 2015 http://sait.usc.edu/ntsaf/
- Asian Pacific Fund Scholarship, Apply at www.asianpacificfund.org/scholarships. Due February 20, 2015
- The Jeffrey Ahn, Jr. Fellowship for Young Artists provides funding for young artists to complete independent creative projects over the summer.
Scholarships for Seniors
- Delta Kapp Gamma Society International- Grant for Students that are pursuing to become teachers.
- Los Angeles Council of School Nurses-Scholarship for students that are pursuing nursing as a career.
- Los Angeles Clippers Scholarship-For students entering a 4-year college.
- Republic Services-Scholarship for college-bound LAUSD seniors, essay writing contest on a environmental topic.
- PTA/PTSA Scholarship- Graduating High School Senior Scholarship for those students who were involved with the PTSA.
See Ms. Marquez for applications at the College Center.
New Ineligible Cal Grant Schools 2014-2015
Cal Grant participating colleges, universities, and career technical schools must meet various eligibility requirements in law to be able to receive Cal Grants. The two required thresholds* for the 2014-2015 academic year:.1. Schools must keep their federal student loan Cohort Default Rate (CDR) below 15.5%.
2. Schools must keep their graduation rate above 30%.
Schools on this Ineligible Cal Grant Schools list did not meet one or both of the requirements above for the 2014-2015 academic year. For more information on the CDR and graduation rate requirements, visit http://www.csac.ca.gov
Download the Ineligible list Ineligible Cal Grant Schools for 2014-2015
Private Universities/Colleges accept the Common Application
There are now over 500 Common Application members in 47 states and the District of Columbia, as well as in Austria, France, Germany, Italy, United Kingdom, and Switzerland. While they represent tremendous diversity in size, mission, location, and selectivity, they all share a commitment of promoting access through holistic admission.
1. Login to https://www.commonapp.org/Login
2. Click on Create an Account
3. Fill out login credentials and registration information
4. Write down Email: _________________ Password: __________________
5. Then login with your username and password and begin typing your information
6. Before submitting it have Ms. Herrera check it.
Every school has a SUPPLEMENTAL section that needs to be completed
Remember that deadlines vary from college to college. Make sure to go into the university's website to find out what their deadlines are. Good luck!!!