Committees Seek Parent Members
ELAC (English Language Learner Committee) is also looking for a new parent member. Meetings are held first Tuesday of the month at 9 a.m. in the Parent Center. For questions contact AP Arrechiga 213-217-8778.
Se busca miembros para nuestro comité de aprendizaje de Inglés (ELAC). Las reuniones se llevan a cabo el primer martes del mes a las 9 a.m. en el centro de padres. Para preguntas contacte a subdirectora Eva Arrechiga 213-217-8778.
LAUSD Community Advisory Committee Parent Summit
March 25, 8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at East Valley High School
Flyer: CAC Parent Summit [.pdf]
Our fully staffed bilingual Parent Center is a thriving school hub. The Parent Center serves as a meeting/working space for its many parent-directed volunteer services and projects; provides information about community and college events and resources; and hosts various parent classes taught by our staff as well as community/university representatives during both day and evening times. Visitors will find a welcoming room with spacious tables and chairs, 24 laptop computers, printers, projection equipment, and coffee. The Parent Center is located around the corner from the Library, next to the College Center and is open during school hours.
We add workshops monthly. Please check back often.
Coffee with the Principal
Please plan to attend one of the Coffee with the Principal meetings! Here are the flyers, in English and español.
Please fill out your meal application here:
Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA)
The mission of the PTSA is to positively impact the lives of all children and families. Our goals are to promote, build, and expand family engagement; empower and support PTA members and leaders; and represent, inform, and mobilize members and the public to advocate for the education, health, safety and well-being of all children.
California State PTA Offers Scholarships to Graduating Seniors
- $750 Volunteer Service Scholarship: This scholarship recognizes graduating seniors for their volunteer service in schools and communities, allowing them to register for courses at accredited colleges, universities, trade or technical schools. Applicants must be PTA members graduating from a California high school between January 1 and June 30 of the current academic year. Applications, reference forms and letters must be received by California State PTA by February 1; proof of enrollment and completion of coursework must be provided to California State PTA by June 1.
- $500 Dr. Ralph E. White Graduating Senior Scholarship: Honoring the volunteer and public service legacy of Dr. Ralph E. White and his wife, Eleanor, this additional scholarship provides $500 each to two successful applicants of the Volunteer Service Scholarship who intend to pursue a career in a medical field.
- For more information and to fill out an application, go to
Grad Nite at Disneyland California Adventure
Grad Nite will be June 17, 2017 and GRAD Nite Ticket sales will begin finals week, December 12 to December 16 during Brunch in the Parent Center (D-103).
Seniors meeting graduating requirements and interested in going should bring a filled-in permission slip from the school website, Student I.D, and cash or check/money order made out to Grand Arts PTSA when purchasing tickets.
If you have any questions feel free to stop by the Parent Center.
Every Child in Focus
The PTSA welcomes all the students, parents, guardians, staff and community members to the 2015-2016 school year. The PTSA executive board members and chairpersons are looking forward to a successful and productive year.
- President: Wallice Watanabe
- Executive Vice-President: Maria Cortez
- First Vice-President, Ways and Means: Didi Lara
- Second Vice-President, Student Representative: Lauren
- Secretary: Sabrina Koeniz
- Treasurer: Anvi Kevany
- Auditor: Lillian Sestiaga
- Historian: Janice Eames
- Parliamentarian: Araseli Gomez
- Programs Chairperson: Tanya Koeniz
Become a PTSA member and support your child. With your PTSA membership,
- You show your children that school matters, and that you are invested in their success.
- Three decades of research proves that students achieve higher grades, have better attendance and more consistently complete homework when parents are involved.
- You demonstrate to your child that success in school is the pathway to college, a career and a productive life!
- You partner with the Principal, teachers and staff to make campus safe, welcoming, a hub of learning and a fun place to be.
- You share in campus events and experiences that make your child’s school days more memorable!
- You connect with other parents, and become part California State PTA and National PTA, the largest and most powerful children’s advocacy organization in the country.
- You help make sure parents and family members have a seat at the table when important decisions that affect your school are made.
Becoming a PTSA member includes membership to the California State PTA and National PTA. Membership to the California State PTA includes member perks:
- English (http://downloads.capta.org/mem/PerksFlier.pdf)
- Spanish (http://downloads.capta.org/mem/PerksFlier_SPANISH.pdf)
Importantly, the California State PTA offers scholarships to graduating seniors, continuing education scholarships to volunteers and staff (teachers, nurses and counselors) members. For more information, go to http://capta.org/programs-events/scholarships/continuing-education/
The Los Angeles Tenth District PTSA offers music scholarships to middle and high school students. For more information, go to tenthdistricptsa.org.
Membership is $10 per adult, and $5 per student. To become a member, go to the Parent Center and sign up, or go to https://grandartsptsa.myschoolcentral.com to sign up online.